Thursday, October 18, 2007

Assignment #4: A Few of My Favorites...

I am posting JUST three of my favorite websites for this assignment. Man, I don't think I can narrow them down - I love collecting and organizing websites, as my classmates will find out during class this weekend! ;)

WEBSITE #1:
One of my favorite, non-education-related websites:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/
I am a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, and this website has given me so much information & inspiration! They have a techniques section which combines everyday products like baby wipes and stamping supplies to make some phenomenal effects! Other great sections to browse: gallery (!!!), forums (fun games happen on the message boards!), and resources (where you will find some of the tutorials I was referring to).

WEBSITE #2:
http://www.learningpage.com/
Membership is free (for now, anyways) and the resources here are great! My students (from 1st through 5th grade) love the Tommy Tales stories, which I used as an end-of-the-day read aloud. There are 30+ Tommy Tales stories, each building characters and little details. They are printable, so it is easy to make copies for the students, or just a classroom set.
We also used the theme sheets to learn Science concepts last year. That was fun!

WEBSITE #3:
http://www.internet4classrooms.com/
This is an extremely useful site for educators of K-12 students. Make sure to check out the "Links" section!
Other resources include:
-Assessment Assistance
-On-Line Practice Modules
-Daily Dose of the Web
-In-School Integration Support (Staff Development Opportunities)
-"Searching" (Search Engine Links)

No comments: